Become an Alpha Grinds tutor
We are looking for dedicated tutors who are seriously committed to helping students improve their results and are flexible time-wise.
If you sat the Leaving Certificate in the last 3 years and received an A grade in any subject(s) at higher level and are interested in helping secondary school students to optimise their exam performance, then apply as a tutor for Alpha Grinds!
How it works
- Alpha Grinds are contacted by a student looking for a grind
- We send out basic information to relevant tutors
- We offer Trial Grind to the most experienced tutor on a first to respond basis
- Assuming the client and tutor are happy with the arrangement, Alpha Grinds schedule a recurring grind
What’s in it for me?
- Freedom and flexibilty of work
- Self managed workload
- Access to a pool of students
All payment is handled by Alpha Grinds. Our Tutors earn a minimum of €15 per hour/ grind. Payment is on a monthly basis via an electronic transfer.
What is expected of me?
- Well organised
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Be available to work throughout the entire academic year
- Good work ethic
- To act in a professional manner when representing Alpha Grinds
- Courteous/ respectful
- Have a flexible timetable
- Good appearance
How do I apply?
In order to become a registered Alpha Grinds tutor you need to attend an interview.
To apply click here.
What is required for the interview?
- A recent passport photograph
- Official Leaving Certificate results from State Examination Commission*
- Completed Garda Vetting form
*A copy of leaving certificate results is also required for our records.
To obtain a repeat copy of your leaving certificate results, follow this link to apply for a copy from the department of education. Original transcript required – photocopies will not be accepted.